• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Henry Weinhards anyone

T

tresero

I want to make my father a Henry's clone for his birthday. Since this is his favorite, I believe it is sort of a checz pilsner, but I haven't tried one in a long time.

I too am looking for a "Blue Boar Ale" clone if anyone has an idea.

I don't know, but here is the clone I came up with for Henry's Northwest Lager.  Came out well, and all my friends and neighbors want me to brew another batch.

I will be working on a Blue Boar as I too like it and want to try it.  Only after my next two beers are done (one just kegged and the other in the kettle now.)

Attachments

• HWNorthwestLager.bsm
    10.3 KB · Views: 521
For those of us "Down under" how about a brief description of this beer so we can see if we would like to brew it. Maybe a link if possible.

Cheers
Andrew

Northwest Lager is a pale lager, slight hop flavor, otherwise well balanced.  Good to drink and share.  Unfortunately, Henry Weinhard's no longer make it, so there is no website to go to to check it out.

That's a shame, I love to attempt to "clone" (for want of a better word) beers that aren't readily available here in Oz, I might give it a try next weekend.

Cheers
Andrew

Let me know what you think of the recipe.  I know that all my friends and neighbors loved it.  I have been told tha tI need to brew another batch, so I might do that this next weekend.

Is this the beer that Henry's sell as 'Private Reserve'?  I had some once in the Portland area, but was not able to get details, let alone a recipe. I would be happy to find a recipe for it if anyone knows one.

Thanx,
Buzz

No, this is the beer that was a one time only in 2006 by Henry.  I have looked at possibly trying a clone of Private Reserve, but haven't gone anywhere with it yet.

If you ever get around to developing a recipe, please post it. I no longer have access to Henry's stuff, and I am too new at this to try to evolve my own recipe. I ned all the help I can get.

Buzz

Back