• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sorting by Type: Hops

newkie

Apprentice
Reaction score
Appologies if this has already been reported, but I'm in the middle of a brew session so no time to search!

I just noticed in the main recipe page when sorting by type I get grain, hop, yeast, etc as exepected.  However, for the hops I would expect a sub-sort by boil time, not alphabetical.

Whoops: this is for the new version..  v2.0

You can do a "sort" on the column that has a # sign at the top, and it will give each ingredient an order number. I will say that I never had this option until I did a CLEAN install from scratch. In other words updating the new version as different builds were released never revealed this ability. I am really glad that Brad included this ....... used to drive me nuts!

88Q said:
You can do a "sort" on the column that has a # sign at the top

I did discover that, but let's be clear it is distinct from the bug.  The bug is when sorting by TYPE that the subsort on hops shouldn't be alphabetical but boil time.

Personally I prefer the TYPE sort compared to the order (#) sort.

Back