• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

I'm FUZZYV

FUZZYV

Apprentice
Reaction score
I show up as FUZZYV due to typo! Been brewing since 2008. My nephew got me started cuz, if he could do it at college, well.... Actually I got a secret recipe from my uncle in 1972. He even loaned me his hydrometer. The fixins were available at any local Safeway. Oh the good old days! This was caacaa! Was told to throw 2 raisins in the bottle to get 'er goin'. Worst case was 10 gals worth of quarts exploding in a buddy's vacation cabin while aging on the plate rails!  OOPs! Best case was some nasty elixir that got ya buzzed. But what the hey, it was college! I still have a couple of current batch number 1 in the cellar. It is an all-extract stout that I added some hops to. It's still awesome. Latest creation was an Imperial Oatmeal Stout with 14 grains. Outstanding. I've gradually succumbed to the lure of all-grain. I grow my own hops. I'm old, so what's another 2 hours added to the brew day? I've written my own recipe calculator with mash infusion and water chemistry adjustments as per style all on one spreadsheet. I didn't reinvent the wheel, just adapted it for me. First extract w/ grains and then all-grain. I've tried to read all I can and speak with experienced homebrewers to expand my knowledge base. What I've learned is that YMMV, everyone has their opinion and DWHAHB, just not while brewing.

Welcome Fuzzy,
                      This is a good place for starting out. Plenty of good knowledge here on line. let us know what your doing!

Back