• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Changing date format from mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/dd

Dicko

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,
I have just bought BS2 and I am very impressed with the program however, I would like to change the date format to suit us Aussies.

I would appreciate it if someone might tell me how to achieve this and if it is possible?

Cheers

Sorry for the typo in the subject, should have read changing date format from mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy.

Cheers

Hi Dicko,

I'm not a windows user however find locales or locations or time zones in your set time and date function. You are probably set to a US location. This often happens when people install their OS and just select ok for most options. BS2 gets its date structure from your set up within your computer. A windows user can probably give you a step by step if you get stuck but post which version of windows you are running.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Good to talk to you again, it's been a while.

I know you are not a fan of windows  :eek: however I am using windows XP.

Cheers

Hi,
  I have not tested this in a while, but I believe the program uses the default date settings for your locale.  Have you checked your windows international settings on the windows control panel to make sure you have it set to your desired date format?

Brad

Hi Brad,

I have checked the time and date settings in my Windows control panel and it is set to Adelaide times.
I am not entirely familiar with how computers work but I don't seem to have a problem with any other software that is installed.

The date is not a big issue and I am extremely impressed with BS2 (former Promash user) but it would be good if I could format the date to suit the Australian situation.

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Dicko,

In XP got to the control panel
.. Date time and regional ......
then bottom right
.. Regional and language options
Select
English (Australia)

Should all work.

Ah yes it is windows :) for safety - reboot.

Steve

PS if you would like any help with BS2 give me a yell.

Hi Steve,

Nailed it - eventually!

I was going to the "date and time" menu for which it read Adelaide GMT + 9.5 hrs.

Then the penny dropped - it must be the cold weather, and I went to "Regions and Language" menu, funny because that's what you suggested, and fixed the problem.

I am extremely happy with the program  ;D

Cheers

Geoff

Back