• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Do Any Of You Homebrewers Use

BeerBeforeLiquer

Apprentice
Reaction score
Howdy all,
I was wondering if any of you use a Char-Broil Big Easy to boil your wort? I bought one and was hoping to use it for preparing my wort. I searched to find it's water capacity and found nothing. Does anybody have a capacity for this unit?

One more thing:

How do you like the unit? And any pros or cons?

Perhaps use a brew bucket, stock pot, or other vessel of known volume to add measured amounts until the unit is full?

It arrived yesterday and upon inspection, I found that it has a hole in the bottom for grease drippings. After pondering about ways I could make it work by maybe welding the hole shut I decided I was going to return it  But after seeing it would cost me $25.00 to return and since I'm too cheap to pay that to send it back, I'm going to offer it up to my friends first, then if no takers, I'll put it up on craigslist. It will sell quick there.

I just purchased a good 20 quart SS stock pot, which I know will serve me better for the long haul.

Damn this hobby is about as bad as my cigar hobby. It's slope is almost as slippery as the cigars! The good news is that I'm about finished with my equipment buying!

Back