• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewing A Mike's Hard Lemonade Clone

BeerBeforeLiquer

Apprentice
Reaction score
I want to brew up what my kids call "Bitch Pop" which is a hard lemonade. I tried searching for hard lemonade and Mike's Hard Lemonade clone with no results. I was wondering if anybody here has done it before or has a good recipe for it?

My guess is they take powdered lemonade drink mix, water and grain alcohol and mix it together.  A real hard lemonade might be made by making a sweet mead and then adding lemon juice in a ratio of 1/3 cup lemon juice to 2/3 cup mead.  Hmmm, I might have to try this ;).

Flavored malt beverage means making a "beer" with no hops and as little malt as flavor possible, then flavoring it.

I would guess they take the lightest pilsner grain they can find, mash it in the 140s, pasteurize it, chill it, ferment it, filter it, pasteurize it again, add sweeteners and flavoring, artificially carbonate it, and finally put it in a bottle.

But that's just a guess.

Back