• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Looking for a good partial mash recipe for Lowenbrau

leahy268

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone got any ideas for a good LowenBrau recipe.  Partial mash would be good.
Maximum of 15 L pot.
Currently I use:

LÖWENBRÄU
Munich Lager Style

1 Can Mangrove Jack Munich Lager
1 kg Light Dried Malt
1 Lager/Pilsner Grain Pack
25g Hersbrucker Hops Pellets
250g Dextrose (Optional)
1 Packet Saflager Yeast

Procedure

1. Well in advance of preparing recipe, place 5-10 litres of water in closed containers in fridge and chill*
2. Place Lager/Pilsner Grain Pack in a bowl and add 1lt of hot tap water. Leave for 30 minutes. Pour
grain wort through a sieve or muslin into a saucepan and rinse sieve with an additional 1lt of water.
3. Bring the 2lt of wort to boil with 25g Hersbrucker Hops and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Place mixture in the fermenter with one can of Munich Lager, 1kg Light Dried Malt (and 250g
Dextrose if being used). Mix well until all ingredients are dissolved.
4. Add water including the pre-chilled water to make up 22.5 litres, (ideally achieving a temperature of
15-20°C) and stir vigorously for 5 minutes.
5. Add Saflager Yeast, stir gently and seal fermenter.
6. Place the fermenter in a cool spot and reduce temperature to as cool as possible (10-12°C) over the
next 24hrs. Try and keep temperature constant at 10-12°C until fermentation is finished.

I would love to convert this over to a partial mash recipe as this has been my staple beer for a while.
Any thoughts?

Thanks Warwick

Back