• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A few suggestions on Inventory and Importing

theboy419

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few similar posts but didn't quite see some of these addressed, plus I figured it doesn't hurt to mention again...

1) Allow ingredients being added to inventory to be completely modified, separately from the regular ingredients database. e.g. when adding hops, allow for changing of AA%, etc just for inventory, as I have multiple types of the same hop with varying AA% that would be nice to account for from inventory.
2) Inventory Hop storage (I know I've seen this addressed already but wanted to bring it up again), with regards to when the hops were stored (again, I have some of the same varieties that were purchased at different times) and at what temp, etc.
3) Importing could use some improvement, I have been running into issues where I tell it the file is in a specific directory and it says it can't find "Recipes.bsm" despite renaming the file that, even checking case sensitivity. Ideally, it should just allow you to import any file, regardless of name, but again, this is probably being addressed, I just wanted to make note of it.

I agree.  There needs to be a better modification tool or "properties" window.  I'd like to be able to add an ingredient and modify it to it's correct properties.  Example, I cannot show pale chocolate malt and chocolate malt.  I have to have one or the other in inventory.  When I add the default grain to my inventory and rename it it also changes the default name to whatever I just named it.  There needs to be a lock on the default grains so what you add to inventory is a separate list.  Same with yeast. I have a package of Pacman yeast and there is no Pacman yeast on the list and there is no way to add a "new" item to the default list...at least that I've been able to see.  The inventory list works great for basic grains but the tool lacks when you want to be more specific.  This would especially come in handy for hops.  I'd like to be able to add hops and change AA% so I know exactly what I have - otherwise I'd have to dig through my pile of hops in my freezer which an inventory list is ultimately supposed to do.  This is one tool I'd like to see improve.

if you right click on an entry and select copy, the right click again and select paste you put in a duplicate entry. you can edit that entry to have what ever name you want and have the info you desire. I did that with pacman yeast.

Back