• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Bock Beer

cowboy up

Brewer
Reaction score
I have been experimenting with different recipes for bock beer and so far I have not come up with one that I like. I was raised in the Milwaukee, Wisc. area and when I was much younger I remember going to local taverns with my dad, and enjoyed drinking tap bock beer in the fall of the year. I have yet to come up with anything similar, and I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on finding a recipe that would come close to what I have had in the past!
I would guese it was a kegged beer that either Pabst Brewing Co. sold or maybe Miller Brewing Co. or Schlitz Brewing Co. sold or imported. The beer did not seem to have a very malty flavor to it and it was a very smooth and dark beer.           
                                      Thanks, Cowboy Up.

this is an old post but if you want a recipe for a weizenbock that turned out great ive got one let me know

I have one for a very long time consuming dopplebock . But it will be the best dopple you ever have

Back