• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

suspect too much orange peel

tonyevangelista

New Forum Member
Reaction score
i think i may have used too much orange peel 2.25 oz dried last 5 min boil in my tripel    will the bitterness subside with time  just bottled  and will carbonation help as it conditions

Did you follow a recipe exactly or did you wing it? Were they bitter orange peel or sweet? If you followed a recipe to the letter than trust that it should work out in time. If you winged it (like I do) hope for the best!

I used the wrong orange peel and it seemed to work out fine. I had bought a bitter and a sweet packaged dried orange peel just to add to my brewing inventory. When I brewed a Belgian Wit I grabbed the wrong package and dumped it in. When I was cleaning up I found my other package and realized my mistake! Poop! The beer was good just not perfect. Good luck!

i used 2.25oz or about 75g of sweet dried orange peel in 15gallons  therefore about twice Mark's rate for his belgian wit  i hope it mellows with time because it came out very well otherwise  thanks guys for your input    tony

Back