• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Howdy... from Central Texas!

cfell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Howdy!!  That's Texan for "Arrrrgh" in Pirate...

I've started brewing at the same time I retired.  Never time enough to get involved "before"...

As the "honey-do" list is torched, "time" is no longer my master ... with exception of brew times and flocculation rates... .... and GrandCritters.

My first batch.. a Canadian Ale... as my wife wanted a "lighter" beer ... and what better way to get "interest" built? 

The beer was very good to me and others who were kind in their evaluations... My wife said "aftertaste"...so, gotta figure that one out.

Second batch.. a "Dark Sweet Stout"... I'm enjoying one now... after 3 weeks in fermenters, 3 weeks on the shelf...yumm..far as I can tell, no 'downside'... and I don't have to SHARE because I am the only one drinking it!

..... Initially I  thought brewing would be harder.. the ONLY annoying part is the "bottle" maintenance.... but it makes it very portable!!!

Anyhow, I have  an American Amber Ale I'm going to try next...  let's hope them little yeasties and the "aftertaste" are not too bad... my wife may like it ... someday I'll get it right.  (Strange, I never griped about her cooking... =)

This is all about living .... I'm not going to get hung up on the little things as can happen in our "Technical" world... I'm "virtually" going back to the swamp...

Peace, blessings and happy brewing,
Dcn. Channing

Just a quick note and something to keep in mind,,water make up your own water using BS_2  and make yeast starters.
My brew session starts out something like this,,
Make the starter,,do a water profile,then make the beer,,,since I have been doing water,,,my beer are a whole lot better,no betteness,due to the TDS, IN THE WATER,,BEER CAPTURED is a great book for this they give you the water profile to fit each style ,then plug it in to BS_2  BEEN working  great ever since

Back