• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Resizeable dialog boxes

Beer_Tigger

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I tend to run my resolution much higher than most people and have plenty of real-estate.  I would love to be able to stretch the dialog boxes so I don’t have to horizontally scroll list box dialogs such as the beer style dialog.

Beer Tigger,
 I know what you mean - I actually run three large montors at high resolution on my main computer.

This is a possibility, though it is a challenge under Windows, which does not have much support for resizable dialogs.

However, I'm looking at ways to do this for possible major revision - though it is probably a year or more off.

Cheers!
Brad

Well, what language do you write this in?  Maybe I could help.

It is all in MFC C++.  However I am seriously looking at using wxWidgets in the future for portability.

Cheers!
Brad

C++, that's my favorite!  Been doing software for 20 years, C++ for 16.

If you ever want to delegate a function... let me know.

Feel free to check out my company's website: www.symx.com

Thanks!
 If I can carve off a piece for the next round I will certainly let you know!

Cheers!
Brad

You could always move to Managed Code and make use of Winforms.  I know they have a simple property you can set to the dialogs you create to allow them to be resized quite easily. :)  

The next version of the framework that is being worked on ( been using beta1) will have a bunch of other fun and cool controls for the toolbars, menus, etc.

Thanks - I will take a look.

The pain, of course, is having to redevelop a lot of the infrastructure code that makes BeerSmith so easy to use.  Unfortunately I'm going to have that pain no matter which option I choose.

Cheers!
Brad

Back