• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch Sparge defaulting to one step?

R

Rick

I was using Beersmith at a buddy's house for the longest time, I just installed it for use at my home a while ago. One thing I noticed, in my mash profiles it is defaulting to one step, just the Mash In. Shouldn't there be a Mash Out step when batch sparging to get it up to 168? Do I have to add that in manually? If so, what would be different from the Single Infusion and the Single Infusion, Batch Sparge?

Sorry, I meant that in my mash profiles, Single Infusion, Batch Sparge was defaulting to one step...  :-[

Rick,
 The inclusion of a mash out is up to you - some people like it and some do not.

All you need to do to create one with a mash out is to duplicate one of the mash profiles (in the mash profile table) that has the mash out, and then check the appropriate batch sparge flags and give it a new name.

Once you have created the mash profile it can be used just like any other.

Cheers!
Brad

Back