• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

efficiency not adjusting

W

wbc_leelee

Hi Brad,

I have a second computer with windows ME that I have just put in my brewhouse for convenience, I have loaded beersmith and activated but it does not seem to adjust my efficiency at all. If I put my gravity reading as 1.049 and my brewhouse efficiency as 72 %. the efficiency stays the same no matter how much I change the gravity reading. The efficiency calculator works fine but the actual eff. is not transfered to the "My recipe colums".

is ME causing this prob.

The program works fine on my office computer with windows XP

Regards
Andrew

Andrew,
 I need a little help - which efficiency is being miscalculated and where?  As you know the new version calculates several different efficiencies in the various calculators now.

If you are working on the "Actual efficiency" column in "My Recipes" view it is calculated from the "Measured OG" as opposed to the estimated gravity.  If you enter your "measured OG"  in the recipe, it should be able to calculate the right number for you.

Cheers!
Brad

>>>If you are working on the "Actual efficiency" column in "My Recipes" view it is calculated from the "Measured OG" as opposed to the estimated gravity.  If you enter your "measured OG"  in the recipe, it should be able to calculate the right number for you>>>>

That is exactly what it is not doing, i have entered the measured OG in the recipe, then I ok out of the recipe but the actual efficiency column in my recipes view does not change.

Regards
Andrew

Andrew,
 Could you email a copy of the recipe to me?  It seems to work on my version when I try it, but I might be doing something different than you.

Thanks!
Brad

Brad,

I must apologise for wasting your valuable time, I just checked my settings again and discovered I had set "efficiency" into the recipe view instead of "actual efficiency".

It is now working as it should. Again I apologise for wasting your time, and thanks for the great program.

When in doubt check, check, check.

Regards
Andrew

Andrew,
 No problem - I'm happy to hear that you were able to sort it all out!

Brad

Back