• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

"Multi-Stage" Brewing with BeerSmith

DonS

Apprentice
Reaction score
Sorry to sound like a moron in my first post here, but this regards using BeerSmith.
I am looking to brew a Belgian that has 3 distinct brewing stages.  At the end of it,
the results are put together. 

My question is how do I indicate that in the BeerSmith software?  If this is not the place
for this kind of question, I apologize.

Thank you,
Don

No.  I'm going to move this question to the proper area (missed it originally), but I guess the recipe has what is called 3 diferent "layers".  Separate boils with various ingredients that, when the boil is finished, the previous "layer" gets siphoned into it - for stages 2 and 3.  I'm probably not being clear. I'll try again on the other thread.
Thanks!

Maybe if you laid out the process you are using it will be more clear.  I will say BS does not allow a lot of customizing of the boil step, other than when to add hops, etc and how long.  If the first step or two are some kind of steepings, you can probably do them outside of BS and just use the hopping stage for the brew steps.  Alternatively, you might get away with treating it like three different recipes? 

Back