• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment profile setup for 33litre BIAB plastic boiler

Lars

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, I'm just starting out with BIAB but I'm not sure about some of the parameters and how to set them up. I've a 33litre plastic boiler. I intend doing full boils with no sparge. At the mo i'm using the 50L BIAB equipment profile  but some of the stuff doesn't look right. My plastic 33litre boiler has a 355mm diameter and a 390mm depth. The boil off seems high(but maybe I'm wrong??) and I dont understand why theres a boil volume? Isn't this recipe dependant(starting volume I assume)?Whats the difference between 'loss to trub and chiller ' and 'fermenter loss'? I chill using a homemade copper coil with cool water supply which incurs no beer loss and my trub is at the bottom of my fermenter(I normally do single stage fermentation unless dry hopping)? If I change my 'mash tun volume' to 33L will beersmith then see it as a 33L boiler?
Thanks for the help!

L

Back