• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to create an add-in??

blizzard

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Some members on another former were discussing the series of Can You Brew It recipes from the Brewing Network.  While all of the recipes are available, it would be awesome to be able to automatically add them into BS2 as an add-in.  Does anyone know how to create a recipe add-in?  thx.

Hi,
  To create a recipe add-in:
  - Create the recipes in BeerSmith 2 - I recommend 10-15 recipes per recipe pack to keep download times reasonable
  - Put them in a folder with the desired name (such as "Can You Brew It" - or whatever you want)
  - Select the folder and use the "Export Selected" command on the file menu to export just that single folder containing the recipes as a BSMX file
  - Email the BSMX file to me (beersmith at my beersmith.com domain)
  - Include in the email how you want the recipe pack listed (i.e. the name of the add-on)

That's it - I will host the file on the server here and add it to the list so everyone can get it!

Brad

Awesome Blizz. I was hoping someone would make recipes available from the "Can You Brew It"  sessions on there. You get my vote.

Thanks

Back