• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Gumball Head ((((GOOD STUFF)))

beercheer4me

Master Brewer
Reaction score
anyone brewing this
Found a recipe of 365
tell me your results
Had some tonight at Fridays
for the second or third times I gat get over just how good this Beer is
Came home tonight and run the numbers
it is a cross between an IPA and a wheat beer
so how should I label the style
It is on the list to brew thats for sure

Beercheer- living close to FFF's and being readily available to me, I have sampled my fair share of GBH. I've brewed this clone about a dozen times. I normally use Amarillo for the bittering, however it's been hard to find lately. I tried replacing it with cascade and it was ok, but centennial seemed to work better. Here is what I brew now:

#6  American 2 row
#5 Red Wheat
#.5 caravienne
1oz Centennial 60min
.5oz Centennial 30 min
.5 oz Centennial 10 min
.5 oz Cascade 10 min
Dry hop with 1oz Citra and 1 oz Cascade
Wyeast 1056

The citra seem to bring it closer to the real thing.  I will try to post recipe in .bsm
Hope this helps. MCB

Thanks for the heads up , I all-ways appricate HBers that have brew batches serveral times , at least you know that you are geting some good feed back .
With the cenn, almost seems that it mat be on the lines of a BellsTwo  Hearted, which I have brew about 6 to 8 -10 batches
whats your input on that , thanks for the reply has far has the hop schedule LOL
I have a gum ball head in 2 carboys and waiting for by 3 weeks of post lag time ( wanting the yeast to finish up doing there job LOL) I am being very patince with this one , I will finish with 1.5 dry hop w/ Ammirallo in the Secondar for 7 to 10 days
what do you think
john

I'm pretty sure it's an amarillo heavy hop.
AO

Back