• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Banana Beer Assistance

flyersfan

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some advice. I have a Pilsner beer kit which yields 23 litres. I was wondering if I could make it into a Banana Flavored Beer? If so, should I use fresh bananas or banana chips? Would the amount of yeast used need to be increased? What should my starting and ending SG be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't do a Pils style to do a banana brew. But you can. You can add 10 + lbs of nana in the mash,  or add to 2ndary or both. You can also do an oz of extract in extract. you can also use a dunkel yeast to help out . If you want to go crazy you can Use Jello brand Banana pudding in 2ndary ... lmao and yes it will ferment

Did a Banana Pudding wheat Ale for my brother once . Sounds crazy but it worked .
It didn't taste bad at all either was quite shocked .

Good luck let us know .

Grassy and banana doesn't sound that good . But you never know try it see how it works .

Back