• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Shopping List Features Requests

Erroneous

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I think the shopping list and inventory are great ideas, but they seem unfinished. Personally I'd love to be able to do a few things, some of which I know would be more work.

1) Grand total of shopping list. If it's there, I haven't found it in 2.0.40

2) Export list to Excel/CSV/OpenOffice. I think right now the easiest way for me to do it is select all the items, copy, and import the  clipboard.bsmx file using an xml filter.

3) Generate report for multiple selected items instead of just 1.

4) This is probably a much larger undertaking and require either vendor output or user generated add ons but the ability to compare prices (and total price) by selecting various online vendors. This would cut down on a lot of my research time but I know would be a pain to keep up to date without vendor submitted price databases. Also, this could lead to the ability to add the items to a cart using the vendor's website which would be great.

5) The ability to substitute items added to the cart from a recipe and update the recipe. To me this isn't that big of a deal since I can always just change the shopping list item name to "Foo - Substitute Bar" and update the quantity to 0.

Also, just want to say that I love BeerSmith 2.0, keep up the great work!
*Edit: Sorry to have put this in Questions instead of Suggestions.

Back