Author Topic: Water profile  (Read 4448 times)

Offline coldrain

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Water profile
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:27:07 PM »
Your recent newsletter on water was excellent and helpful. While it is nice that you have various city profiles, it would be more useful to have "beer style" profiles. Example: If I load in my city`s profile then it would be great to be able choose "sweet stout" as target profile instead of choosing a different city profile.

Offline 701pilot

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: Water profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 08:31:46 PM »
I just used EZ Water Calc. To determine what mineral additions to add for a specific grain bill. Worked great, got my ph right on and the minerals where they were supposed to be.

So instead of matching some particular city's water, match what is correct for a particular grain bill.

Offline tom_hampton

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
    • Tom's Miata Racing Blog
Re: Water profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 09:26:59 PM »
Your recent newsletter on water was excellent and helpful. While it is nice that you have various city profiles, it would be more useful to have "beer style" profiles. Example: If I load in my city`s profile then it would be great to be able choose "sweet stout" as target profile instead of choosing a different city profile.

You can do exactly that...but, you will have to define the water profiles you want for each style.
R.I.P.:Belgian Blonde
On Tap: Apfelwein, Kolsch(v2), Pumpkin Ale, Belgian Specialty 
Aging/Storing: Coffee Porter, Chocolate Porter, Flanders Red, English Barlywine
Fermenting: Maggie's Altbier
Next Up: PtE(1.1), Belgian Dubbel?

Working thru all BCS recipes

modification