• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Launching Beersmith from a shared folder

kruserm

New Forum Member
Reaction score
In beersmith 1.4 I had the program installed on my desktop PC in my office with the beersmith directory shared out.  When I brewed I used a laptop in the garage and had a shortcut to the shared folder on my desktop and everything worked fine.

In beersmith 2 build 40 when I try to use this same approach it will launch on my laptop but it will not show any of my recipes.  Is there a way or an option to get to my recipes when I launch it from a shared location?

Hi,
  It is more complicated - you need to install the program on both computers (with keys) and then use the "Change Documents Directory" to point both copies to the same shared documents directory.  Make sure you back up your data before doing this, as the one you change last will overwrite the other one.

Also you need to be careful not to run both copies at the same time as they could overwrite each other's data.

Brad

Back