• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help with Brian Smith's Mega-Mocha Stout

Beer_Tigger

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I need help with Brian Smith's Mega-Mocha Stout.  Is he a forum member?  Does someone have his email?

The Mega-Mocha Stout is missing some ingredients.  As imported into BeerSmith, it has 8 oz Black (Patent) Malt, 8 oz. Black (Patent) Malt, and 8 oz. Black (Patent) Malt.  Which is only a pound & half of grains.  Being an EXTRACT recipe, I think its missing the extract.  Brian, what did you use?  ???

Nope,
 Actually I'm Brad Smith...

I believe Brian Smith goes by "ibrewalot" here.

Brad

Ooops...my bad for not checking the forums in a while.  Ok, a looooonggggg while.  I only "wish" I was head honcho if BeerSmith!  Any openings for that slot, Brad? ;-)

Looking at the recipe in my copy of BeerSmith, it's empty too.  Seems like that was when I was trying to get all my recipes slammed in to help populate the recipe list, back in the BeerSmith "old days".

Here is the whole recipe from my hardcopy:

7 lb Dark Malt Extract Syrup
.5 lb roasted barley
.5 lb black patent malt
.5 lb chocolate malt
2 oz. Fuggles
6 oz cocoa (last 30 minutes of a 45 minute boil)
1 oz. E. Kent Goldings (last 5 minutes)
20 oz Raspberry/Chocolate Coffee (strong)
1 pkg Edme Ale Yeast

Sorry for the mixup!

Back