• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

removing individual ingredients

pcollins

Master Brewer
Reaction score
New member and haven't been able to find this answer by searching:

Is there a way to remove individual items within a recipe from the inventory instead of all items? I sometimes do collaboration brews and one brewer will bring all the grain and one will bring all the hops but I have the recipe. Is there a way to do this within the recipe without going in to inventory and adjusting each item manually?

It seems the only option right now is to remove ALL the ingredients from a recipe from the inventory.

Thanks for your help.

if I understand this correctly, you want to remove a single item, say a grain from a recipe or change it?

When viewing the recipe, simply click the item in the center recipe window and to the right yo can remove the item or change it by clicking the edit or substitute button. 

Thanks for the prompt reply.

That's not quite what I'm looking to do. What I would like is to be able to remove an individual item or a few items from my inventory once I brew a particular recipe.

When I brew on my own I use all my own ingredients and can remove "All" ingredients from my inventory. When I brew with a friend there are some items in the recipe from my inventory, the grain, for example, and some items in the recipe that my friend brings along, the hops, for example. When I'm done brewing with my friend I would like to be able to remove from my inventory only the things I took from there but the "Remove from Inventory" button only allows all items in the recipe to be removed.

It would be great to be able to click on a few items in the recipe and remove just those items.

So when brewing with a friend you might have overlapping inventories and removing all from your inventory would remove things you did not use from your inventory. 

Agreed.  I do not see a way to do that.  A dialog box would with check boxes on items to remove would be nice.

I guess right now you are going into your inventory manually and changing quantities. 

Hi,
  Unfortunately there is no way to do this (remove just one or two ingredients) from within the recipe.  You can certainly go into inventory view and adjust your inventory from there however.

Brad

Thanks, Jomebrew and Brad.

Could I maybe add that as a suggestion for future versions? I don't know how easy it is to do but it would be helpful.

Thanks again.

Back