• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Changing Bottling Date

scottd

New Forum Member
Reaction score
How can I change the bottling date as shown on the 'Recipe Design' tab?

Increase or decrease the number of days in primary or secondary depending on if you are doing a single or 2-stage fermentation.

Mark

This has confused me as well.  I believe that "Merfizie" must be expecting that we would change the Fermentation Profile, or is there another way I have not found to do this?

I copy my recipe into my Log in order to document "batches".  If I change the Fermentation Profile I have changed it across all recipes and batches.  Unless I want to record a new profile for each batch, and I don't think that is practical, I have no way of recording my actual schedule for each batch.  Unless 8) there is another way to record the dates or periods in each fermentation stage.

You can create a custom fermentation schedule for that particular recipe.  Just copy/paste an existing Fermentation Profile that closely resembles the one you want, adjust any times/temps/volumes to your liking, and rename it as something specific to that recipe.  Then, open up the recipe and select that Fermentation profile.

Thanks Tress, that would work.  My concern would be that I would have a new profile for each recipe and the list would continue to grow.  My solution has been to record actuals under notes.  But is would still make sense to take your advice and create custom schedules with one week increments that will at least be closer to what I do.  Thanks again and Cheers!

Back