• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith equipment profiles and Mash Profiles

breibrew

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers I need some advice. I use a 48 qt cooler and two 4 gallon brew pots and separate the batch and boil half the batch in each for a 5 gallon batch. There isn't anything that comes close in the equipment profile. Also I do a batch sparge where the initial mash is sitting for 60 minutes and then typically I would sparge in the second amount at a lower temperature for 15 -20 minutes and don't have anything close in the mash detail to use.

Thanks

Hi,
  You can create your own equipment profile and your own mash profile if you wish.  There is a video on creating an equipment profile here:
  http://www.beersmith.com/setting-up-your-equipment-in-beersmith-2/

For the mash profile, I recommend copying the existing batch profile to one with another name and then edit it to adjust the time and temperatures as you wish them to be.

Brad

Thanks Brad I really appreciate the help....and really love the new software program.

Back