• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ni Hao from Shenzhen, China

ChinaBrew

Apprentice
Reaction score
Started brewing from kits back in the late 1080s with my father.  Was making my own recipes from liquid malt extract and DME by the early 1990s.  Moved onto kegging by the mid 1990s. Graduated to all grain in the mid 1990s as well.  Moved to China in late 2003 and had to leave all my brewing supplies with family in America who promised to keep brewing  :(

Was lucky to meet a master brewer working locally who helped me with raw materials to get going again in 2007.  Now I am back to brewing and doing it with a gusto.  All grain batches of 80-100 liters, two or three times a month.  Happy days are here again because once again the "Man Cave" is regularly stocked with 2 or 3 beers to choose from. 

I recently travelled to southen China and wondered about whether you could get the stuff to home brew over there.  The Chinese might be good at cloning watches and handbags but theit beer clones, IMHO, left a lot to be desired. 

Back