• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to produce custom reports.

SkyFlyer

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hello ...
I'm guess I'm just not doing too well with BS 2.0.40!
I understand how to create a custom report.
I understand where to put the file (in the Beersmith2/Reports folder, or in my case, Beersmith2 Documents/Reports).
I cannot figure out how to access that custom report.
Help says ...
Go to the preview pane under your My Recipes view and select your new report from the Reports dropdown displayed on the preview pane.
Whenever I press Preview, all I get is a printout of the current tab (Recipe Design, Yeast Starter, Mash Details, etc).
No dropdowns, no reports ...
I can't find anything in the toolbars or menus about custom reports.
Some help please!!!  Could someone explain where/how to do that.
Thanks, Bob

Bob,
  If you download Build 45 (just released on the download page) it actually lets you select the file name when adding a new report which helps a bit since a lot of people were having trouble getting the file name correct before.

Now - once you have the report template installed (from options dialog), go to your main "My Recipes" view and then make sure the preview pane is enabled (its the little preview window at the bottom of the screen by default).

On the title bar for that preview window there is a little drop-down box that lets you select the current report format which you can then preview/print.

Note - if you previously turned off the preview pane, you can turn it back on by going to the little icon that looks like a piece of paper to the right of the search box in "My Recipes" view and either show the preview pane on the right or bottom of the screen by clicking on it.

Brad

Thanks Brad.

The tip about the showing the preview screen got me going.
Any chance that you might have that up on the tool bars somewhere?
I don't think I would have ever found it down by the search box.
Probably would  eventually!!

I thought that having a list to select from when adding a report would make sense.
I'll get the latest version ...
Thanks ...
Bob

Back