• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Munton's Liquid Extract add-on

codejnki

Apprentice
Reaction score
I see that there is an add-on for Coopers liquid extracts.  Is there an add-on for Munton's?

Hi,
  Not yet - but the data is likely on their website if you want to enter it. 

I am also working on additional add-ons so I will add Munton's to my list.

Brad

Brad,
Any update on the additional extracts? I'd love to see Williams, since they have munich malt.
Thanks

I saw nothing on the Williams website. I strongly suspect they are using repackaged malts, like many other LHBS. There are only a limited number of companies that having the brewing facilities to make BREWERS GRADE extract, as opposed to FOOD GRADE, which in my opinion, does not give the same results. (think of products made for cupcakes instead of beer).
Briess is the largest extract brewery, and re packages a lot of extracts. Coopers is also a dedicated extract brewery, but I don't know if they repackage.
Short answer, if I think a malt is repackaged, I use values for Briess. I believe the generic values in BS2 are for Briess.

Ed

This is specifically what I was looking at;
http://www.williamsbrewing.com/GERMAN-GOLD-EXTRACT-6-LBS-P362C99.aspx

I don't see any similar lme's.
AO

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anybody has got around to adding Munton's kits too Beersmith 2 yet? I've got a couple of them sitting here and want to make some recipes!

Stephen

Back