• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Default brew date?

Whippy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi people,

Will someone tell me how to set a default brew date for my new recipes?  I would like them all to start off as 1/1/1990 or better yet with no date so that the information for a beer does not show up on my calendar until it is actually brewing.

I like to create recipes long before I brew them and it messes up my beersmith calendar when I forget to change a date until I go back to the recipe and change it to something else.

thanks

Options -> Hide recipes where I'm not the brewer. (checked)

Then change the brewers name to something other than your name. When your ready to brew change the name back.

I only show the brew log.
I have a folder for recipes I've made that are tried and true. I have a folder where I mess around with making recipes. I copy recipes that I'm going to brew to the parent folder. When they're brewed I drag them into the brew log.

I will just stick with changing the date when a recipe is in development; this seems like the easiest way for me.  Thank you for the suggestions, nonetheless.  I do appreciate the advice.

Back