• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

One page Reports - Where are they??

Cayuga

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've searched repeatedly here, tried many different options, and still can't figure this out.

I have 2.0.50, windows 7.  Formerly a 1.4 user.

I want one page Brewday sheets (reports, brewing steps...).  1.4 gave me this unless I had lengthy notes, or many grains on my bill.

2.0 is adding a lot of fluff to my brewsheets.  Such as extra blank boxes and too much info on the top of the page.  I really, really want single page, only one side (unless I add huge notes), in the same 1.4 format. 

Is there a template available for this?  I do not know how to make something like that, and would like to think that 2.0 can at least make a report exactly like 1.4.  I do not want to shrink it and need a magnifying glass either.  I just want my old sheets back.

I do like the layouts of the new version, but I do not like using 2 sheets of paper for my brewdays.  I'd even settle for custom layout, where I can choose how much info to go onto my sheet.  Then I have even more control.  I don't need to know that I keg every batch or clean and prepare the equipment, or water needed.  Cutting those out get's me 6 lines at least.

Please tell me you can help me and others out with this.

Scratching my head,
Chris

I asked for this same thing about 5 monthes ago...

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,4913.msg20669.html#msg20669

I'd like to think that someone can do this.  Maybe even Beersmith Himself!  If it's a custom template, where might I find it?

Custom templates...
Look in your Reports folder and you should find something to copy and edit to your liking. Then from Options -> Reports -> Add Report simply add your new template. Make sure you work with a copy and not write over the original files.

I can find the report.  But how do I edit it?  I'm no programmer, and am not paying for software, or downloading bulky programs, just to edit one page of HTML.

My request can also be seen as, if someone knows how, can do, then would they, it would be appreciated by many. 

I made one, http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,5867.msg23631.html#msg23631 . I'm not sure if I added everything for everyone or if it will stay one page for everyone though.

My custom text-format report was added to v2.0, and it covers the brew-day well.

Brew Process TXT is the name. 

I've downloaded all of these and a few more.  They all have their advantages, and some disadvantages.  I like the size, but miss some dryhopping or misc ingredient additions.

What make a very nice feature, is simply a checkbox like option. I'd hide it in tools, and then customize reports.  Make a checkbox style list so that we can choose what makes the report and what doesn't.  That way those that care about fermentation and kegging can use it, while others can just uncheck  that box.  It could also eliminate info up top also.

Just an idea.  Thanks all for the help so far.

Hi,
  You can always build a custom report template with exactly what you want in it.  The challenge I have is that everyone wants something a bit different on the reports.

Take a look at the help files for building a custom report (Under Options->Reports I believe in the help file).

Brad

The way I got the BS1 like brewsheet was to open one, right click, view source. Then I filled in the triggers from a BS2 page. There was a little trial and error figuring out what HTML was generated by the triggers.

Back