• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water

tom_hampton

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
So, I use the water profile tool to calculate my additions in order to achieve a target profile from my water.  For some styles this includes the diultion of my water with DI/RO.  then I calculate the additions, and save these to the target profile.  however, the target profile does NOT include the dilution rate nor the water type used for dilution. 

Thus, when I add the "water" to my recipe, the additions included are only the salts required, with no mention of the source waters.  I'd rather have my ingredients list include the ingredients that I have to use in order to achieve the desire profile. 

When I add "Burton on Trent" water to my recipe and I say "yes" to the "mineral additions" prompt...I'd rather that my source waters and mineral additions be added to the recipe instead of the target water.  Eg:

5 gallons Dallas Water
5 Gallons DI Water
various salts

On the other hand, I'd also like to keep track of what my target water is for the recipe.  So....I'm not sure how to handle that case.  Maybe the source water's could be tracked as "water addtitions" so that they show up in the "$WATER_PREP" list? 

In this same vein,  it would be nice if I could get to the mineral profile data from the recipe report tags.  EG: $water.calcium, $water.magnesium, $Water.ph, etc.  I'd like for these to be the RESULTANT pofile, rather than the target profile.

Back