• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What data does everyone capture on brew day into BeerSmith?

worldzfree

Brewer
Reaction score
While I have used the application for a while I have only used it for recipe creation and brew steps.  I have never captured data during the brew and entered it back into BeerSmith.  So now I have figured out there is a "Brew Log" feature.  I am new to this side of things so what typical data do you all enter back into your Brew Log version of your recipe?  Any hints on what buttons, tabs, menu items you use would be helpful as well.  For all I know there is one master place to enter all data from a brew session into place but I have yet to find it.

I appreciate any advice.  It's all about making consistent batches over and over for me.

During a brew day I always have my laptop with me running BeerSmith.  I enter any last minute changes that I might make to the recipe.  I also enter all information appropriate on the Fermentation Tab, "Into the Boiler" and "Into Fermenter".

You can see what I capture.  I eventually post my brew log on my crappy web site at http://jomebrew.doesntexist.com/.  There is a Homebrew beers link which you can then navigate to my brew logs.  At the bottom is what O collect on brew day.

I eventually updatethe brew log with the final gravities and sometime tasting notes.

This is all good info.  Thanks for the tips.  It would be nice if BeerSmith had a version of the brew steps (or some other geeky data gathering form) so all the brewing data could be gathered in one place in one view during brewing without tabbing around.  For all I know such a thing exists in the app but I cannot find it. 

Back