• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch Sparging in BeerSmith 2.0

pweis

Apprentice
Reaction score
When you select a single infusion, batch sparge for your mash, the mash details menu prominently displays the mash-in details (volume, strike temp, predicted equilibrium temp, and duration of mash). This stuff is editable - I can click on the mash-in line and change things like step temps, step time, water to grist, etc.

Underneath this info is a line about batch sparging that I cannot seem to edit. For the mash I am planning, this line calls for a 4 step batch sparge: draining, then sparging 3 separate times with 1.6 gallons. I've never set out to sparge this often. I can't figure out how the program decided this was the ideal way to go, and I can't figure out how to change it. Any help?

Hey,

While you are on the Mash tab (screen), find the Mash drop down menu.  Just to the right of the drop down you will find an Edit button, click this Edit button.  On the mash edit screen, look about 2/3 the way down the page and you will see a check box called  "Use equal batch sizes".  Make sure this box is unchecked.  Having this box checked tells the software to use to use equal size batch sparges to your target preboil volume.  Also, make sure you have the box checked on the Mash tab that says "Adjust Temp for Equip", you will find this right under the drop down mentioned above.  I hope this helps out.

Cheers!

Back