• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

automatic salt addition calculator

S

subsuperhero

i would love to see the addition of a calculator that automatically determines which salts and the quantities needed to convert from one water profile to another water profile.  the program "strangebrew" has this feature, but i'd prefer to be able to use BeerSmith as my sole beer brewing program, as i like the interface better.  any thoughts to this?

thanks!

here is my thought.

you only need to make the modification once to adjust your water profile to another so take notes on what you need to add.

build the recipie and add your local water plus the amounts of salts added useing the add misc. button.

if you have MS office i like this option.
http://www.pine-cone.net/brewing/watercalcsolver.xls

it would be nice if something like this was added to the program though.

have a good one

Thanks!
 Yes I have looked at this idea and wanted to add it on the last version.  Unfortunately I ran out of time.

I will take a close look at the spreadsheet (thanks!) and see if I can incorporate some of the features.

Cheers!
Brad

Updated website for the water calc solver (I wrote this program, if you have any questions reply here and I can help).

www.hazeclub.org/waterworks/WaterCalcSolver2e-AutoSolve.xls

Back