• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Add Hop Variety to Beersmith

BrandonBrewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
How can you get a new hop variety added to Beersmith? I recently bought some Calypso hops and they are not in the Beersmith database.

click on 'Ingredients>Hops>Add New Hop'. Enter in the data.
Enjoy
Ed

I did some checking, it seems that this is a newer variety being offered by Puterbaugh Farms. Not much info on their website. I didn't see it listed in any of the Variety Manuals either. I've seen mixed reviews on it, from 'pears and apples' to 'cat piss'. In polite circles, we call that 'cat-ty' aroma/taste 'American', and it's been applied to most of the NW hops at one time or another.
I have asked my contact from Yakima to see if he can get info for me, and I've asked my supplier to do the same.
On another note, I'm proud that my homestate is on the front lines in developing new varieties, but I wish they would stop with the 'C' naming.
Enjoy
Rusty Nails

Back