• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BRAD HELP - Ingredients Sort Order

dharalson

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Brad
Brewsmith 2  v 2.0.54
I am in the Recipe DESIGN tab.
How do I get the ingredients to SORT IN THE ORDER OF USE (LIKE 1.4)
I have reviewed all of the previous entries on this topic.
I have read your response

BeerSmith said:
Also there is a "#" column which you can click on and it sorts them in the order used - many people asked for this feature.

Brad

I DON'T HAVE A "#" COLUMN.  How do I get one of those ! !
The columns I see are / Amt / Name / Type / %IBU / Inventory / Cost

Help

David

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,6241.0.html

In this thread, Brad states that he has not had a chance to add this feature yet.  He is working on it.

Cheers!

Actually, he said he has not added the ability to "CUSTOMIZE" the columns yet.  He and several others have indicated that there is a "#" column that WILL sort in the order of use (ie grains, hops, yeast) and within each type sort by weight (for grain) and time (for hops).  This is the default sort order in BS 1.4.

Thanks, David

There should a # column, maybe it has gotten hidden accidently. Have you tried resizing all the columns to see if it is hidden.  My thought was that in the next release, after he adds the ability to customize the columns, you would be able to tell it to display/hide whatever columns you wanted.  I hope that helps some.

Cheers!

I know the SHOULD be a "#" but there isn't
Where is the "#" column located (between which other two columns)
I resized, dragged, etc.  Nothing

David

David,
  My apologies - it was not in the initial release and since the program stores your columns in a file it may not be getting refreshed as you upgrade.

If you delete the file "BSCols.BXX" (if it exists) and also "BSCols.BX2" from your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory the program will rebuild the column lists for everything and should add this in.  You may need to go back and add any custom columns to your other views after doing this however.

Brad

THANK YOU.  It has been most frustrating.  I haven't done it yet, but I do expect it to work.

Thanks, David

Back