• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Print capability

mr_beer

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
Is there a feature that exports or makes available the actual recipe in a .txt format or a Word format?

My local retailer does not have BS2 and I had to re-enter all of the recipe ingredients into a document to email them so they could put together my order.

There must be a way but I could not find it.

How about printing the recipe to PDF?  You could use a free product like CutePDF.  It installs as a printer, then comes up with a save-as box to save the printed recipe as a PDF file.  I hope this helps.

Cheers!

That might work sorta...

Your answer is technically correct and good for us nerds. 

However retail store clerks don't usually have access to a variety of tools, cannot print usually and typically deal with stuff at the lowest common denominator within their pay grade.  Email attachments are sometimes screened out by network software, etc. 

The capability is apparently not available in the current release.  Possibly it should be included in the list of features for the future. 

In the preview pane, "plain text", save report. It will save as a text file.

I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to write one that only listed what was useful for a shopping list.

Back