• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Problem With Some Tags in Report Template

M

Matt Davis

I am trying to create a custom report template similar to the Classic view.  There is a problem using the style tags and some others.  For example, I would like to have the estimated original gravity along with the style range so I tried each of the following.

Estimated Original Gravity: $EST_OG $OG_MIN - $OG_MAX
Estimated Original Gravity: $EST_OG $DISPLAY_OG_MIN - $DISPLAY_OG_MAX
Estimated Original Gravity: $EST_OG $OG_RANGE

In each case the EST_OG tag works but none of the style tags.  Am I doing something wrong here or are these BeerXML tags not supported?

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,
 The problem is that the "recipe" does not automatically inherit the tags from the "style" record.  In some cases, I did include a few tags from the style so they could be included in the recipe displays (examples: $STYLE_NUMBER and $STYLE_LETTER)

Unfortunately in this case, I failed anticipate the need to include these other tags.  Thanks to you, I have added them to my "to do" list, as it is relatively easy to add them to the code.

This is not a violation of BeerXML, since it requires the style parameters to be part of the style record, but it certainly would be a useful feature to add for building complex template reports.

Thanks for catching it!

Brad

I see, thanks for the clarification.  I was under the impression that the style record set and others were part of the recipe record.  If I view the recipe as BeerXML all the tags I would like to use are displayed.  It would be useful to somehow make the details of these record sets available in the recipe template.  Maybe they could be accessible as $STYLE.OG_MIN or $EQUIPMENT.DISPLAY_TUN_WEIGHT in the recipe template.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,
 I think this is a great idea - and it might not be too hard to implement.  I am working on several variations to improve the templating ability for the next version.

Cheers!
Brad

Back