• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

calendar

icarussound

Apprentice
Reaction score
I don't like the new calendar at all. Please bring back the old one (1.4) where events were banners spanning their duration. Individual events indicating start and end is cluttery.

I agree. The colored strips were much easier to see what you had going at a glance.

Love the software, but agree that the calendar was more useful in the last version.  I liked the colored bars and they're more in line with other calendars like Outlook or Google.

I just started using this software so I haven't seen the refered 1.4 calendar but I think I can image what you mean and I agree. I'd like to see event durations similar to how outlook handles multi day events with the event stretching across the top of the days.

This would help as well with the issue of unreadable titles in the calendar view. In my case it's hardly readable especially where the title is "Secondary:..." or "Bottle/Keg:..." since that takes up half the availible space. I think each beer given its own timeline stretched across the calendar would be best, maybe marked on its line with "Brew/Primary" "Secondary" "Bottle/Keg" ETC would be best.

As a small side note is there some way to display days of the week? I'm use to seeing that on a calendar. If it weren't for the whole "Does the week start on Sun or Mon" thing it wouldn't be a big deal. Anyhow if this isn't already there I'd love to see it as an option.

I concur with the previous writers. The bars in the calendar made for better visualising of the different batches.

I would also like to be able to change dates in the calendar or in "date-format" in the Fermentation-tab. Having to count days to get the right day is annoying.

T

Back