• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New to Lagers...

dnd0327

Brewer
Reaction score
Hey All,
I've brewed my first 2 all grain lagers. I put both in a  56-59 degree environment. Both started bubbling for a day or two. Then, all signs of activity have stopped. The airlock's are even laying down like there is no CO2 activity at all. Is this normal, the airlocks I mean??

BTW, I made starters for both brews...

Regards,
Dan

what yeast strain did you use?

are you in a carboy, or better bottle? Can you see any visual signs of fermentation?

with warmer temps, the right strain could finish fast.

have you tried taking readings?

Take a sample and check your gravity.  That should tell you where your brew is at.

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the quick replies. It didn't occur to me to take measurements this early, duh. I am 1 point high on each one(1.008 vs 1.007 and 1.012 vs 1.011). Do you think I should stick to the Beersmith recommended fermentation (14 Days Primary, 3 Days Secondary and 30 Days in Bottle) or go into secondary now? BTW, the yeast is Saflager W-34/70 with a 1 liter starter.
Regards...

Back