• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith2 Files are Showing up 6 Times in the Folder

switzead

Brewer
Reaction score
In my BeerSmith2 folder, in MyDocuments, the BeerSmith2 files (yeast, grains, water, equipment, etc) are showing up 6 times.  I.e. there are 6 files all named equipment.bsmx, equipment1.bsmx, equipment2.bsmx, equipment3.bsmx, equipment4.bsmx, equipment5.bsmx, and this is the case for all of the files (yeast, grains, water, equipment, etc).  Why is this the case and can I stop it?

From what I understand they're backups. Why would you want to stop them, they're small files. Even if these were still the days of 8GB being a large hardddrive instead of a camera card the amount of space that folder takes as it is is nothing.
I have 7 backups of that folder and probably won't start deleting the old ones for a long time.

Hi,
Yes - they are all automatic backups and it is generally a good thing!

Brad

Is there an option to possibly set how many backups it creates, with a minimum of 0?

Back