• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BIAB settings

enkamania

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Greetings,

I want to set my mash profile so it calculates the amount of water based on the amount of grains.  It won't let me put in the combination I want, 7.5 gallons (30 quarts) for 12.75 lbs of grain.  How can I get it to do this?  Basically I do a mash and then a  10 minute mashout raising the temp to 170

If this is just for that recipe go to the mash tab in the recipe, double click on the rest you want to modify and enter the water to grain ratio you want. It should already be calculating it at 2 quarts per lb.

If it's an all the time thing do it from the mash profile tab and it will be a permanent change.

I tried both and neither has worked worked.  Perhaps there is a mash profile that is not BIAB that can be modified to work for me

I figured it out, if you check the BIAB with Full boil, it does something wacky.

Back