• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Taking recipes with me....

brewdog

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum but not so new to the BeerSmith program.  I joined the forum mostly for help on this one issue and that is taking my recipes with me on the go.  Mostly this becomes an issue when I'm at the LHBS and need the ingredients for a specific beer.  I know I can print off a recipe and bring it with me, but that option only presents itself in the most ideal situations.  I've tried to copy and paste a recipe to my email and sending it to my iPhone but I have never been able to copy, or paste, my ingredients.  I know there has been talk about an iPhone app in the works, not sure if that ever happened or ever will. 

Any advice or help (other than "purchase beeralchemy" lol) in this area would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi,
  I'm in beta testing now on a recipe sharing site where you can post selected recipes to a shared (cloud) folder and then share or view them from the web.  It will also let you edit that folder from multiple computers running BeerSmith.  You could access your recipes on this site for viewing (not editing) from a phone/iPad using a simple web browser.

In the future I'm planning to use that sharing service as a basis for mobile apps as well.

Brad

Hi,
  You can use the "save report" button which is on the preview pane for the My Recipes view.  Using that you can save a recipe to an HTML file and take that file with you (or import it into word, email it, etc...)  The HTML file will open with any browser as well.

Brad

Back