• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Standard reports look good, but not custom reports.

adam01

Brewer
Reaction score
It seems the standard reports output in html format while the custom ones only allow output in text format (at least
that's what the save box says for a type.)  Can the custom reports be like the standard ones ?
[The rest of the report details how a custom report has to use < pre > tags to keep the $XML variable formatting,
while the standard reports seem to get html formatting automatically.]

Since BS2 outputs its recipe reports using html and preformatted text (the beerXML variables being expanded)
the vertical spacing is quite large.

I found out that the <  pre  > tag causes the preformatted text to begin and end with an empty line. Thus if you are
trying to conserve lines (to fit the recipe on a single page) you get all these blank lines where the generated text is placed.
Could there be a way to preformat these generated text regions with html tags so that we don't have to use the < pre >
tag ? [My previous BS1 format didn't use these, but when I transferred it over, I got no table type formatting of the text. Thus a recipe that had columns: amount, item, type all ran together and the lines were merged into text like this:

amount  item  type  1.33gm  Calcium Chloride (mash 60 min) misc 2.67 gm Epsom Salt (MgSO4) (Mash 60 min) Misc
5.0 gal Seis Lagos Water

Obviously not very readable...]
If need be, I can submit a recipe template for you to see.

Thanks.

This is what is happening to me, i already posted a thread though, did you figure out how to fix this problem, i am still having it

I found out that there are two report types: txt and html.
The box for types only shows txt and thus I didn't think there was another type.
But if you click on the box and then arrow down, you'll see html.

Now the reports look better - more like BS1, but some tags include a title that isn't necessary.
For example, The tag $MASH_STEPS expands to include
Mash Steps

I don't need that as I formatted my own title...
These tags do the same:  $BOIL_INGREDIENTS and $FERMENT_INGREDIENTS

Other than that, its better.

Back