• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Who has a great recipe to try?

bonjour

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I'm always on the lookout for a great recipe to try.  Who has a great one they would be willing to share?

Let's send them to Brad and let him post them.
(I just sent him a Biere de Garde I'm planning on using in the COC competition, just don't tell anyone  ;) )  and some awesome smooth "century" beers, "Go BIG, or go home".  And an AG version of an Award winning Sweet Stout"  

What can you contribute?

Fred

Some of my successful experiments:
Extract recipies:
Fools Gold Ale : an Ale I pumped to 6.9%
Exotic IPA : richly dark IPA with Cardimum for an interesting aroma and flavor

My wife is not a big beer drinker and neither of us are hop heads but she LOVES these two  (Fools Gold "tricks" you into drinking more its so good, but WHAM! its high alcohol)

others...

Great, can you send them to Brad to share?
The Exotic IPA looks interesting.

Fred

I sent him a copy of my IIPA that won 1st. in an extract COC last month.

Some of my successful experiments:
Extract recipies:
Fools Gold Ale : an Ale I pumped to 6.9%
Exotic IPA : richly dark IPA with Cardimum for an interesting aroma and flavor

My wife is not a big beer drinker and neither of us are hop heads but she LOVES these two  (Fools Gold "tricks" you into drinking more its so good, but WHAM! its high alcohol)

others...

Where are these recipes?  Did you send them in to Brad?  They seriously look interesting.

Fred

Sorry, no, I didn't send them to Brad.  I do have an email at home reminding me to do it, just been too busy!

In addition to my software company, my neighbor and I bought a dollar-type store, the Dollar Delight.  And I'm trying to set up a website for the Dollar Delight, and also we want to start (initially online only) a brewing supply store: Bayside Brew.  Plus I'm active in a Halo Clan (online game).

websites:
www.Dollar-Delight.com  (real site not finished yet)
www.BaysideBrew.com (real site not finished yet)
www.ShadowClanGames.com

Maybe Wednesday?  I'll try then, in fact I'll send myself another email!

Thanks BT!!!!
I look forward to trying them out.

In the meantime try my Kilt Lifter, at 31 Proof it ought to lift something.

This beer is so smooth it 'ought to be illegal, and big enough to shift measuring the alcohol to proof.

Did I say smooth, you won't know what hit ya ;)

Fred

Is your Kilt Lifter downloadable?  Or in the db already?  Is it extract, partial, or all-grain?  How the heck can you get 31 proof (which I believe is 15.5% alc) with beer yeasts?  That should sterilize anything! LOL

All Grain (5 gal) Mashed for fermentability, Roused frequently 1.137 down to 1.019, and had no problem with the yeast.  Other than needing to rouse the yeast, and giving it time, I have no problem with normal beer yeast.  

If you drink this one as it tastes (maybe a 6-7% beer) it WILL sterilize you.

And yes, it is already in the BeerSmith recipe lists.

;)  Fred

I did a conversion to extract on it and it has 17 lbs of extract in it!  WOW!  How expensive of a beer is it?

Something around $30-$35
Not the most expensive beer I've brewed.
Fred

Hey Beer-Tiger have a question for you..

Did you ever play with the Real Shadowclan ?
Shadowclan.com  Maybe we have meet online

Recipes sound great all keep em coming..

I have Scotish 80/- in the works I'll send soon as I get home from travels.

You're mostly RPG's, we do Counter Strike(s), Halo, Unreal tournament, and Alien vs. Predator 2 so I don't think we'll cross paths, unless you want to join us for these PC games... ::)

Back