• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding Photos

garybrownnc

Apprentice
Reaction score
Would love to be able to add photos.  Ideally these photos could be added and viewed on the major areas of the entry (Yeast Starter, Mash Details, Fermentation, Notes).  I like to take photos during my brew sessions that I keep in a separate log that allows me to review more details of my sessions in an effort to identify areas for improvement.  I also like to take photos of what my brew looks like after fermentation and during bottling - again, to provide a visual log.  And of course, when it is time to taste test I like to take more photos to capture head, color, etc that can be used to improve. 

It would be great to be able to keep all of this information in Beersmith instead of having to maintain a separate log.

Thanks for all of the great work on this wonderful software!

garybrownnc said:
I like to take photos during my brew sessions that I keep in a separate log that allows me to review more details of my sessions in an effort to identify areas for improvement.  I also like to take photos of what my brew looks like after fermentation and during bottling - again, to provide a visual log.  And of course, when it is time to taste test I like to take more photos to capture head, color, etc that can be used to improve. 
Can I ask how you currently implement and keep track of this? I'd like to be able to do this in an organized fashion as well. I'm beginning to think that some integration of Google Docs/Picasa, etc.

What I am doing currently is not ideal.  Picasa is a good medium to store the photos but I have my own website that I upload my photos to.  I then copy/paste photo URLs in to the notes section of my recipes in my brewlog.  I take a lot of notes during and after each brew session and if I want to reference a photo that I took, I just put the url right there in the text.  Although Brewsmith does not recognize this text as a true URL when I create a report out of Brewsmith I use a virtual printer called PDF Creator.  When I "print" to PDF creator it creates a PDF file and during the conversion process it recognizes fully qualified URL text as a valid hyperlink which then allows me to link out to photos in the future.

I have only done this for a few brews and plan to come up with a better way.  What I think I may end of doing is keeping my log and photo information external to Brewsmith until they can add a feature that will meet these needs.

Good luck.

this couls be done easy if the recipt batch was stored as a database as sujested in the caladar sujestion post http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,6611.0.html

I think being able to have some pictures associated with a recipe on the cloud site would be the kind of thing that would cause me to pony up some subscription money.

Back