• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment profile not carrying over to recipe.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help. Like many people I am struggling with the whole equipment profile set up. I have looked at the video, I have downloaded the PDF and I have looked at the Scandinavian chaps blog, all to no avail.

The principle problem is water/liquour losses and what to start with to ensure enough goes in to the FV. I have produced a few AG brews now to understand my losses and where they arrive in the process. Take for example my boil off losses. They are usually around the 5.5 litre mark regardless of brew length. I have that parameter plugged into my equipment profile with the brew length set to 25 litres. I am working on a recipe of the same length but when I look at the water requirements it has the boil off at 3.14 litres. What am I missing here, surely the boil off is only going to vary through atmospherics/temp etc. and if it is the same brew length shouldn't the software carry over into the new recipe?

For the benefit of others with a similar problem I have now worked this out. You have to create a new equipment profile if your kit/practises change. I added a second element to my boiler and this made the boil off closer to 8 litres. Trying to change the boil off of my original equipment profile made no difference. The reason for this is that each recipe is locked to the equipment profile it was brewed with. This is a kind of security device to enable you to rebrew each recipe as near as possible to the original occasion. Hope this helps.

Back