• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch Sparge Question

jamjen831

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am working on creating a new 5Gal All-Grain brew in BeerShmith 2.0 using a batch sparge for the first time (first time setting up a mash in beersmith for Batch sparge, not my first batch sparge :)

Anyway, I decided to create my own mash profile.  It's a lot like the "Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge" profile (just adjusted some temps).

My plan for the sparge is:

Sparge Water to Use: 3.4 Gal
Drain Mash prior to sparge
2 Batch sparges of equal volume

When I look at the sparge under the mash tab, it says "Batch Sparge With 2 Steps (Drain Tun, , 3.40Gal) of Water at whatever temp

That just bugs me to no end - is there a way to actually get the two steps listed out? 

I've tried checking both the 'use equal batch sizes' and setting the "Batch Sparging using batches that fill" to 50% (either both or separately) but I get no change it seems. 

Your single sparge must not be filling the tun over 50%. Leave equal checked and keep going lower in percentage.

Back