• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Alternative Ingredients

dforge888

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am new to BeerSmith, and I just finished adding my first recipe into the program which I plan on brewing this weekend.  The recipe however has a few ingredients that offer alternatives in case a specific ingredient isn't available.  However I couldn't figure out how to denote an ingredient in the recipe design as an alternative, so it just looks as though its all part of the recipe.

For example, the recipe I have says to use 9.9 pounds (4.5 kg) light liquid malt extract plus 1 pound
(455 g) light dry malt extract; or 9 pounds (4 kg) light dry malt extract

But at initial glance of the recipe design, it could easily be mistaken that the recipe calls for all 3 amounts of malts.

Maybe this can be resolved by adding labels, or notes, or asterisks to various ingredients?

If however there already is a feature for this that I just missed, please let me know!

Thanks
Dan

Back